|Did you know that one of the most famous people with ADHD was Albert Einstein?|
Perhaps a few thought that ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder manifest only in children. But the fact is, though it doesn't develop spontaneously, it also exhibits in adult .ADHD in adults quite different than it does in children. It's not a rare condition and must have been present since childhood and diagnosed only later.
In this article, I have gathered an overview about knowing some adult ADHD symptoms in which that these usual activities and dilemmas we encountered in everyday life are might be the signs of Adult ADHD. It's so alarming and yet many of us don’t realize that's already a behavior disorder .
So be wary,who knows maybe you already possessing one of those symptoms.
For you to assess yourself check out for the checklist of common symptoms Of adult ADHD detailed below..
Common Symptoms of Adult ADHD
If you notice below, commonly those are adult usual dilemmas in everyday life and yet many don’t realize that behavior manifesting are already the symptoms of Adult ADHD. You can use it as a checklist in assessing if you're positive to have an adult ADHD..
- Chronic lateness and forgetfulness
- Low self-esteem
- Employment problems
- Difficulty controlling anger
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Poor organization skills
- Low frustration tolerance
- Chronic boredom
- Difficulty concentrating when reading
- Mood swings
- Relationship problems
These behaviors may be mild to severe and can vary with the situation or be present all of the time. Some adults with ADHD may be able to concentrate if they are interested in or excited about what they are doing. Others may have difficulty focusing under any circumstances. Some adults look for stimulation, but others avoid it.
In addition, adults with ADHD can be withdrawn and antisocial, or they can be overly social and unable to be alone.
Adult ADHD in School related;
- Had a history of poorer educational performance and were underachievers
- Had more frequent school disciplinary actions
- Had to repeat a grade
- Dropped out of school more often
- Change employers frequently and
- Perform poorly (prone to tardiness and careless mistakes.)
- Have had fewer occupational achievements, independent of psychiatric status
- Have a lower socioeconomic status
- Have driving violations such as: be cited for speeding; have their licenses suspended; be involved in more crashes; rate themselves and others as using poorer driving habits.
- Use illegal substances more frequently
- Smoke cigarettes
- Self-report psychological maladjustment more often
- Have more marital problems and multiple marriages
- The condition makes it difficult to remember social commitment, birthdays and anniversaries, finish household chores and pay bills on time
- May lose their tempers easily or engage in reckless behavior
- This lead to higher incidence of separation and divorce
According to experts adult ADHD once called hyperkinesis or minimal brain dysfunction is not a result of personal weakness or a character flaw. They believe it was more likely caused by genes rather than environmental factors .It’s both a behavioral and emotional issues if left undiagnosed and untreated, changes your normal life from different frustrating symptoms. It can lead to embarrassment, hopelessness, disappointment, loss of confidence and may hinder everything from your relationships to your career.
However, the good news is that, no matter how it feels, the challenges of attention deficit disorder are conquerable. With enough education about the disorder and proper management, undying love and support from families, and a little creativity, you can learn to manage the symptoms of it, even turning some of your weaknesses into strengths. It’s never too late to turn the difficulties of adult ADHD around and start succeeding to function a new one..
source: information from www.webmd.com/add-adhd/mental-health-adults-adhd